Frequently Asked Questions
Laser Hair Removal Treatments
Purity MedSpa of San Antonio uses the most advanced FDA cleared laser technology for long lasting hair reduction, safely and effectively treating all ethnic origins and skin types including tanned skin. Our Medical Director Dr. Sam Michaels, M.D. has a Laser Specialist giving every treatment.
- Laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle while your hair is in its “Anagen” or Active phase of growth. The laser light is converted into heat, causing thermal damage to the follicle without harming the surrounding tissue. Hair re-growth is impeded in the damaged follicle
- Only 30% or less of your hair may be in the “Anagen” or active phase at any one time depending on the body area. Thus, a series of treatments will be required to achieve the long-term improvement you desire. These treatments are spaced approximately 4 – 12 weeks apart, based on hair growth cycles. Our extensive experience tells us that you can expect to need from 3 – 8 treatments (4 – 6 is average) to each treatment area for long lasting optimal results
- Sessions for an upper lip or small bikini area can take as little as 15 minutes, while larger areas on back and legs may require up to 45 minutes
- Absolutely NO Sun (30 minutes or longer in the Sun) on the treatment areas Three (3) days prior to your treatment
- Apply SPF 30 (or higher degree like 45 or 50) Sun Blocker to treatment areas that are exposed to the sun. You may improve your results by limiting exposure to the Sun, Tanning Beds or Tanning Lotions for Four (4) weeks prior to treatment
- Come to your appointment with CLEAN SKIN on the treatment area – NO Make-Up, Lotions or Self-Tanners
- Do NOT Wax, Tweeze or have Electrolysis for Four (4) weeks prior to treatment
- Do NOT use Retin-A or Glycolics for T
hree (3) days prior to treatment
- Do NOT use Hair Removal Lotions or Hair Bleaching products for Four (4) weeks prior to treatment
- Tell us if you have taken Accutane in the past Six (6) months or are planning to begin taking Accutane
- Shave the treatment area 1-3 days prior to treatment;
- Apply SPF 30 (or higher degree like 45 or 50) Sun Blocker on all treated areas that may be exposed to the Sun
- Shaving or using Clippers are the only acceptable methods of hair removal Between Treatments
- Treatment area should be gently Washed Twice (2) per day with Tepid Water and a Cleanser (preferred especially on the face) or mild soap
- Do NOT expose the treated area to the Sun for prolonged periods for One (1) week post treatment
- Do NOT use Retin-A or Glycolics for F
ive (5) days post treatment
- Cold Compresses may be applied to reduce redness & swelling
- Apply 1% Hydrocortisone Cream or Ointment in a thin layer after Cold Compresses
- Please call us if you experience persistent pain or blistering
- LHR Treatments above the Collar Bone Must be every Four (4) weeks for best results
- LHR Treatments on the Body Must be every Six (6) weeks for best results
What is Botulinum Toxin?
We help restore youthful expressions to patients every day using this therapeutic, muscle-relaxing protein, produced by the chemical Clostridium Botulinum. In its purified form, Botulinum is called a neurotoxin because it blocks the nerve signals that cause your facial muscles to contract. These repeated muscle contractions give rise to some of the facial lines and wrinkles that can age you prematurely
- Brow of forehead lines.
- Wrinkles or “Crow’s Feet” around the eyes.
- Since 1980’s, this chemical has been safely used to treat medical conditions, such as uncontrolled blinking and muscle spasms. In 2002, Botox was approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a cosmetic treatment to correct visible signs of stress and aging. Literally thousands of people receive these treatments each day. In our practice, this treatment is in high demand by our patients who wish to look and feel refreshed and more confident
- Some patients state the treatment is “pain free” while others may experience only minor discomfort. Because your facial muscles are small, we use a very fine needle to inject a tiny amount of material into the area where you want to erase wrinkles and lines. Depending on the depth of your lines, multiple injections may be needed.
- Softer, smoother skin
- Wide-eyed expression
- Refreshed look
- Smiles without “Crow’s Feet”
- Relaxed frown and worry lines
- Safe, quick treatment
- Simple procedure
- Proven results
- No recovery time
Medical Weight Loss Management
Available per Prescription only, Call us to set up a free consultation with one of our licensed professionals!
Drastic measures in changing dietary quantity, quality food and fluid intake, rightful allowed daily caloric intake, anti-oxidants & anti-aging herbs & vitamin supplements, and engaging in a reasonable exercise program
Most of us already know that and most of us who are health conscious and have already applied and followed these rules have experienced and seen some improvement in their body images and some drop in their weight scale arrow, however, for most of us these results were not satisfactory and fell short of our expectations, took a whole lot of time and relentless efforts which went on and on for years!
I personally made a decision to change my body physique and put it on the right track and started applying these measures in 1995 and during a span of 15 years between that year and 2010 I only lost 15 lbs. averaging 1 lb. per year!! Then I learned about the daily subcutaneous injections program which I was more than willing to try out and I am glad I did. In less than one year I lost 45 lbs. and still shooting to lose 5 more!!!
In my opinion it is an accelerated weight loss program which helps you in a few months to achieve weight loss goal what you and thousands of others cannot achieve without in years! We provide and direct you to self inject under your skin a substance which will increase your metabolism and induces mobilization and breaking down your large fat storage to support the huge new demand for energy required to maintain and meet your new healthy lifestyle. Many European and Canadian scientific research Institutions found that if this substance is given to men and to non-pregnant women it boost their metabolism, helps mobilize fat from adipose tissue deposits and traditional storage areas, of the belly, buttocks, thighs and shoulders to the liver to be broken down and helps their bodies to get rid of its access fat deposits via intestinal and urinary tracts.
Different forms of this product were developed and introduced to the consumers. It was first introduced as weekly Intramuscular shots but they were painful and required a health professional to administer the shots which was very inconvenient to many clients and most were dropped out after only a few weeks of starting their treatment regimens. Then some companies designed and introduced sub-lingual drops but most of these drops were swallowed and neutralized in their stomachs since most clients couldn’t keep them for the 5-10 minutes period required to have them properly absorbed rather than swallowed, therefore, poor or no results were achieved and these forms of the product were soon rapidly withdrawn from the US market. Then subcutaneous form of the product was finally successfully introduced though it is not an FDA approved yet however, it is a physician guided and prescribed program. A Medical Doctor will have to pre-screen clients to determine who is eligible and who is not by fully examining their medical record, vital signs, blood sugar level and their general health and well beings to ensure they are fit enough to do the recommended diet modification and engage in a light then moderate intensity exercise program and they are not pregnant, trying to get pregnant, have any sort or history of cancer, thyroid problems, history of strokes, ovarian cysts, certain allergies, and they are over 18 years of age.
Dropping BMI (Body Mass Index; Body Fat %) is linearly associated with lowering blood pressure, blood glucose levels; reducing resistance to insulin hence improving type II diabetes and lowering total blood Cholesterol and Low & Very Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL & VLDL) levels. It is balanced weight shedding from all problematic areas without altering or distorting your shape or figure. It is also rapid, as most clients lose an average of 20-30 pounds in each each 7 weeks course as most develop healthy eating habits and keep the weight off for good upon reaching their set goals. Other programs drag their patients through 6-12 months to lose the same amount of weight and most patients struggle to keep the weight they had lost off and regain it right back soon as they get off these programs.
Directs your body burn stored fat as your primary source of energy:
- Greatly diminish your hunger levels and helps control your appetite through regulating & maintaining a steady your blood sugar level hence resetting your hunger control mechanism to ensure making your achieved weight loss stays permanent
- Helps re-sculpture your body and protects your muscles so you don’t end up wasting your muscle mass along with your weight reduction
- Helps most patients drop their high blood pressure, reduces tolerance to insulin hence enhances blood sugar level control for those patients who have diabetes, reduces stress on the joints especially the knees and lower back bones/inter-vertebral disks hence greatly alleviates & helps prevent arthritis/joint deterioration, boosts energy level hence reversing feeling fatigue, improving sexual desire and performance, elevates mood & positive feelings and provides overall satisfaction with new body shape and permanent lifestyle change